xsl-list

Re: linefeed to <br/> template

2003-10-07 08:38:51

$sqlExample contains the text, but there are no <br> in it?

are you sure?

You don't show your use of the variable but if you are using xsl:value-of
note that is defined to always return the string value, so never element
nodes, use xsl:copy-of.

I really would like to put the results in a variable, since I need to
do some further processing on it - but is this not possible, without
loosing the formatting?

It's not possible to do further processing (or any Xpath queries) on
a constructed result tree fragment in a variable in XSLT 1.
Almost every XSLT engine has a node-set() extension function to remove
this restriction though.

I use Xalan as XSLT processor, in case that changes anything.

I seem to recall it's called nodeset not node-set in xalan.

David