xsl-list

RE: XSLT Problem - Case Conversion

2003-10-06 04:36:04
On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 Jarno(_dot_)Elovirta(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com wrote:

Hi,

Is there any built-in function like toupper() or
tolower() in XSL so that we can convert the text -

No.

such as upper to lower or vice versa? e.g. I want to
see 'STATUS' or 'STATUSCODE' as 'Status' or
'Statuscode.

If there is no built-in function how shall I use it in
xsl document?

substring() and translate() functions. See the XPath spec on how to use them,
the FAQ on how people use them in solving your problem.

translate(/xpath/to/node,
 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTYVW','abcdefghijklmnopqrstyvw')

would be one way,

Cheers,
Jarkko

Cheers,

Jarno - Velvet Acid Christ: The Dark Inside Me

Jarkko Moilanen          "The box said that is needs
Researcher                Windows 95 or better... So I
jm60697 at uta.fi         installed Linux."
www.uta.fi/~jm60697
GSM: +358 50 3766 927
* ITCM | Information Technology and Crisis Management
* http://www.itcm.org