xsl-list

RE: In-browser XML editor

2003-10-03 10:32:41
Hi,

There are also the following schema validating, browser-based xml editors:

-- bitflux - Open Source and uses Mozilla (bitflix.org)
-- Xopus - closed source and uses IE (xopus.org)
-- and ours :) liveSTORYBOARD, which is currently only bundled with our ASP
CMS, and since, probably not what you are looking for... - closed source and
uses IE (liveSTORYBOARD.com)

The above use javascript rather than plugins (the IE ones use MSXML and its
SOM - schema object model). These are the only ones I am aware that do this
type of thing without plugins. They also allow the editing of different
content types rather than simply XHTML (like ektron).

Best,
-Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-
list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Robin Cover
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 9:46 AM
To: Scott Powell
Cc: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

Have a look at:

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/10/01/deviant.html

possibly at:

http://www.eccnet.com/xmlug/XML-forum/vendor-info.html

Robin Cover
XML Cover Pages
WWW: http://xml.coverpages.org
Newsletter: http://xml.coverpages.org/newsletter.html

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Scott Powell wrote:

Can anyone recommend an XML editor that can be
deployed in a web browser, like MS HTML Editor, but
for XML?

Thank you.

Scott