xsl-list

RE: XSL:FO - How to wrap non-word strings in table cells?

2003-10-03 07:47:13
At 03:25 AM 10/2/2003, DaveP wrote:
Since it is requested so often, perhaps asking the WG to consider
a solution is appropriate?

The most often requested place is a table cell,
so perhaps something like a hint to the processor,
break-at="20" meaning if needed, presume a soft-hyphen at character position
20 within any word?

Any other suggestions anyone?

Ken's solution (process to insert a zero-width space after certain characters where a line break is tolerated, such as a slash) is a good one; it'd be nice to tell the FO processor what these "break-after" characters are, and then not have to worry about the string pre-processing.

I see that Ken has suggested we not try to get it into an already-large spec; I, however, don't see why we should prejudge this (it's only a suggestion!): let the WG decide.

Cheers,
Wendell

Wendell Piez