xsl-list

Re: xsl--accessing a speciic part of a string

2003-10-02 05:25:08

"james walker" <jameswalkerandy(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> wrote in message
When in template match=prod, I wanted to pull out the value "wanted text"
which will change according to what prod its under. However, the structure
of the <text> tags under some <prod> elements are different:

The first example, i need to select the value of "wanted text" within
prod:

<prod position="1.1.1">
<entrydata columnnumber="6">
</prod>

The second example, i need to select "wanted text" from the first text tag
within prod:

<prod position="1.1.1">
<entrydata columnnumber="6">
</prod>

is their one select statement that could cater for either of these
situations?? I assume to remove "-cp1" i need to use the string function
substring before? There will be instances when "wanted text" may have a
hyphen in anyway.

Use:

  substring-before(descendant::text[1], '-')

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.