xsl-list

RE: Search a string

2003-11-28 03:38:04
Many thanks Jarno.

BR,
Ram

--- Jarno(_dot_)Elovirta(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com wrote:
Hi,

 I've to search whether a string is in the xml input
(precedes the context
node);

e.g.

  preceding::text()[contains(., $yourstring)]

if not in the xml input, again I've to search whether it is in
another file in the same directory. Any idea?

If you know the name of the file,

  document($filename, /)/descendant::text()[contains(., $yourstring)]

if not, you need to tell the file name to the XSLT engine somehow, XSLT
cannot read the directory contents. Parameter is one way, or providing
an XML document that lists the directory contents.

Cheers,

Jarno - Covenant: Bullet (Club Version)