xsl-list

Performance tuning in msxsl/msxml

2003-11-25 12:58:30
Hi,

I am using msxsl processor to transform xml to xml first and the same xml to
text later. (loading same xml 2 times) In the first load i am getting xml
output file and i have used xsl:key element here.

According to the requirement i have to do this twice. The input xml is large
and i have to do this like 7 seven times to get data from seven different
categories in the input xml. So i am loading the same xml document for 14
times to get different outputs.

My questions are
1) How can i keep the same xml document in memory to be used by other 13 runs
?
2) With what parameter i can tune performance of msxsl. I had used vbscript
along with it so have to stuck with only msxsl processor ?
3) I have to run this on the server having 4 CPUs and memory will be 2 GB and
processor speed=800 Mhz. Can i optimize performance using CPU affinity factor
? I have already made this as high priority process, what else can be done to
get output faster.

I would be grateful if someone please inform me how to improve this
performance issue. Thanks in the anticipation that i will get some hints.

I hope i am able to explain my question clearly and purposely i have not
attached xsl and xml which are quite big. If my question is still not clear i
will attach small version of input xml and my xsls.

Regards,
Dipesh