xsl-list

RE: Converting Duration

2003-11-21 14:52:45
Thanks for the help.  I started using translate, but did not realize I
could use multiple values.  Thanks for the advice.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
tim(_at_)codeknox(_dot_)com
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 3:48 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Converting Duration

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 07:43:37PM +0100, J.Pietschmann wrote:
kakridge(_at_)bellsouth(_dot_)net wrote:
If I have varying durations within an element, such as this:

<Durations>
    <Duration>PT8H</Duration>
    <Duration>PT8H15M</Duration>
    <Duration>PT12H10M</Duration>
</Durations>

how can I scan through and strip out the letters?

Stripping letters can be achieve by translating them to nothing:
  <xsl:template match="Duration">
   <xsl:value-of select="translate(.,'PTHSM','')"/>
  </xsl:template>
Of course, you can delete 'ABCD...' or whatever.

I'm not sure what stripping the letters gives you, nor what you mean
by "scan through". For more help, you'll have to supply samples of the
expected output.

J.Pietschmann

Some samples would help responses.  However, you might want to check out
some of the date-time functions in EXSLT.  See http://www.exslt.org for
more info.  I know there are some functions to handle durations, so
maybe you can find an example or something there.

Best of luck,
Tim

--
/**