xsl-list

RE: Any legal violations if I modify the code of Saxon for only academic usage

2003-11-21 00:56:58

   I am wondering If I will violate the license of Saxon,
if I modify its source code for only academic usage. Could
some one give me any hints? Thanks.

My reading of the Mozilla license (and it's no more likely to be correct
than your reading of it) is that you can make any modifications you like
so long as you publish them and make them available on the same terms
and conditions as the original code.

("Publish" means that you make the changes available to anyone who wants
them. It doesn't mean you have to advertise or promote them).

Michael Kay