xsl-list

RE: XSL Transformation in secure mode using Tomcat

2003-11-20 10:34:43
I think you would have better luck asking this type of question on the
Tomcat or Cocoon mailing lists:

Tomcat: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html
Cocoon: http://cocoon.apache.org/community/mail-lists.html

This does not appear to be directly related to XSL.

HTH,
RG

-----Original Message-----
From: Sridhar Sourirajan [mailto:Sridhar(_dot_)Sourirajan(_at_)sas(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 9:58 AM
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] XSL Transformation in secure mode using Tomcat

Hullo,

I am transforming a XML to HTML using a XSL with the
following snippet of code:

StreamSource xml = new StreamSource(reader);
      StreamSource xsl =
         new StreamSource(
            new File(request.getRealPath(xslPath)));

      StreamResult result = new StreamResult(response.getWriter());

      Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(xsl);
      transformer.setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.METHOD, "html");
      transformer.setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.ENCODING,
"ISO-8859-1");
      transformer.setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.INDENT, "yes");
      transformer.transform(xml, result);

I am working in a JDK 1.4, Tomcat 4.1.27 environment.
Everything works well in a normal unsecure environment. After
I configured Tomcat to work with https (secure mode), all
other parts of my application seem to work fine, except, the
XSL transfomation. The transformation does happen, but I get a
server error that says:

file:///C:/eclipse2.1/workspace/monitor/build/war/foo.xsl;
Line 172; Column 63; Can not load requested doc:
java.security.cert.CertificateException: Couldn't find trusted
certificate

After this, my application "deteriorates!"

Do I've to configure my transformer in any special way?
Thanks for your response.

--sridhar