xsl-list

RE: Knowing if a node has children

2003-11-18 07:24:59
Thaks all who answered.. that worked, but now I need  to test if the child
doesn't have a node called "menu".

I can use <xsl:if test="child::menu"> to test if menu exists, but how can I
test the negative? something like <xsl:if test="not child::menu">?

Thanks
Jaime

-----Mensaje original-----
De: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]En nombre de
David
Carlisle
Enviado el: Martes, 18 de Noviembre de 2003 9:07
Para: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Asunto: Re: [xsl] Knowing if a node has children

<xsl:if test="child">

that tests if the current node has a child element called
child, to test
if it has any element child use

 test="*"

If you want to also test for text node children, and comments and
processing instructions (ie test if the element is non-empty) use

test="node()"

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew