xsl-list

A new approach

2003-11-18 03:49:23
I have been grappling with xsl:include unsuccessfully and thought
perhaps I need a new approach. What I am trying to do is this...
I have my xml generated dynamically from a database, no worries there.

I then wish to have an xsl style sheet to render it. This sytlesheet
would include another stylesheet that would render the content.

eg: my xml would look like this..

<rootnode>
  <topMenu>
    <menuname>Home</menuname>
    <menudescribe>Return to the Home Page</menudescribe>
    <menuurl>./</menuurl>
    <domain_name>localhost</domain_name>
  </topMenu>

  <topMenu>
    <menuname>Forum</menuname>
    <menudescribe>PHPro Forums</menudescribe>
    <menuurl>./?ext=forum</menuurl>
    <domain_name>localhost</domain_name>
  </topMenu>

  <topMenu>
    <menuname>News</menuname>
    <menudescribe>All the news that is news</menudescribe>
    <menuurl>./?ext=news</menuurl>
    <domain_name>localhost</domain_name>
  </topMenu>

  <topMenu>
    <menuname>Contact</menuname>
    <menudescribe>Contact Us</menudescribe>
    <menuurl>./?ext=contact</menuurl>
    <domain_name>localhost</domain_name>
  </topMenu>

  <block>
    <blockname>Goods</blockname>
    <blockdesc>Blue</blockdesc>
  </block>

  <splash>
    <splash_name>splashname one</splash_name>
    <splash_text>splash text one</splash_text>
    <splash_domain_name>localhost</splash_domain_name>
  </splash>

</rootnode>

The main xsl file would render the block and topMenu tree but the splash tree
would be parsed by an included xls file. The splash segment is dynamic, in that
the xml string can be changed, keeping the block and topMenu information, but
changing <block> for <news>

Any thoughts on the right way to do this?

Kind regards
Kevin

--
 ______