xsl-list

Re: SAXON: Creating multiple output files

2003-11-17 14:14:00

Make sure you add the Saxon namespace to your <xsl:stylesheet>:

                xmlns:saxon="http://icl.com/saxon";
                extension-element-prefixes="saxon"
                version="1.0">

Create your template:

<xsl:template match="myelement">
    <xsl:variable name="file"><xsl:number level="any"
from="rootelement"/>.html</xsl:variable>
    <xsl:variable name="slideno">
    <saxon:output href="{$file}">
<!--The stuff you want in the file -->
</xsl:template>

Create the filenames based on your needs. I usually just name
them sequentially.  Sometimes, I will add a name , i.e.,
section1.html.

Saxon works really nice for creating multiple files!

Hope this helps.

Betty