xsl-list

Re: Sorting and Merge

2003-11-17 14:02:20
I wrote:
This can be done much easier if you transform the original document and
use
the "messed" result of the searches as criteria which nodes from the
original document should be copied.

Something like this:

[snip]

When the above transformation is performed on this source.xml (the
original
xml document appended with the search results):

Of course, it is not necessary to append the search results to the original
document -- I used this because I am lazy to create and work with a second
file.

In the real solution it would be probably more convenient/efficient to
reference the search result using the document() function or (better) to
pass them as a parameter to the transformation. The transformation will
remain essentially the same.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.