xsl-list

position() of parent node

2003-11-17 13:47:12
This should be an easy one, but it is eluding me.

XML:
<manual>
        <chapter>
                <textLink>para one</textLink>
                <textLink>para two</textLink>
                <imageLink>image one</imageLink>
                <imageLink>image two</imageLink>
        </chapter>
</manual>

XSLT:
<xsl:for-each select="chapter">
                <xsl:for-each select="textLink">
                        //do some stuff
                </xsl:for-each>
                <xsl:for-each select="imageLink">
                        <xsl:if test="chapter[position() != 21]">
                                //do your thing
                        </xsl:if>
                </xsl:for-each>
        </xsl:for-each>

What I am getting at, is that I want to output all text links (easy
enough), and all images for chapters unless the chapter is 21 (which
happens also to be last, which I tried <xsl:if test="chapter[position()

Position has given me troubles in the past.

Robert Ogden
IETM Developer
Navy Programs
(763) 572-7121