xsl-list

RE: XPATH

2003-11-17 11:57:54
XPath can only find things, it can't "add" things. You need to provide
more context about what you are trying to achieve.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
poppe chris
Sent: 17 November 2003 17:03
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] XPATH

Hello,
I'm facing the following problem, it deals with xpath but I
really hope I
can solve it withouth xslt (so maybe this isnt the right
place to post it)

I have the following code
<xsd:element name="SUBSTREAM">
    <xsd:complexType>
       <xsd:sequence>
           <xsd:element name="SUBSTREAM_length" type="xsd:short"/>
           <xsd:element name="SUBSTREAM_interior" type="mctf:Sub"/>
       </xsd:sequence>
     </xsd:complexType>
  </xsd:element>

and I want to add the following:

<xsd:simpleType name="Sub">
  <xsd:restriction base="bs1:byteRange">
     <xsd:annotation>
       <xsd:appinfo>
          <bs2:length value="SomeXPathExpressionToSUBSTREAM_length"/>
       </xsd:appinfo>
     </xsd:annotation>
   </xsd:restriction>
</xsd:simpleType>

so i need help with that XPATH expression, cause i think its
similar to the
xpath in xsl no?

greetings Chris