xsl-list

RE: Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2003-11-15 14:33:13
Andreas:

You're a Godsend!  I'll try your suggestion on Monday
when I get back to work.  Meanwhile, I discovered that
I might have a different problem.  The webpage must be
viewable on a Macintosh, so I think I need to convert
the output to HTML...I'm researching that now and will
probably post that question to see what suggestions I
get.  I think I might need to look at XHTML but I'm
not sure.

Thanks again,
Patricia
:-)

--- "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l(_dot_)delmelle(_at_)pandora(_dot_)be>
wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas L. Delmelle

-----Original Message-----
From: Patricia LaRue

"How do I display only that worksheet section of
the
XML file?"

<snip />

So far, everything I've read says that I need
XPath,
XLink, XPointer, etc.  I've been reading for
days on
this and I'm still confused about how these work
together or even if they work in the current
version.
Can anyone tell me whether I should be looking
at
XPath and XSLT? or XLink and XPointer? or should
break up the XML file into seperate worksheet
and XSLT
files?  I'm just looking for someone to point me
in
the right direction and I'm greatfull for any
suggestions.

<snip />

There was one possibility I didn't consider, and for
which, I'm afraid, I
don't have enough knowledge to be able to help you
out:

Could it be that the hyperlinks are not supposed to
reference 'worksheet'
files, but the content in the original source XML
itself? So that, when you
click on the hyperlink, the node gets 'expanded' and
the contents of the
corresponding worksheet element get shown (
--possibly on a new page, in a
nice table-layout )?

Then, I'm not sure, but I think you _will_ need
XLink/Xpointer...

I hope there's someone out here that can assist you
further in this, or at
least, can point you to a list for XLink/XPointer.

Cheerz,

Andreas

 XSL-List info and archive:

=====

  Patricia's Fancy

Visit my eBay store for great deals on terrific items!  I specialize in pretty
things for the girl inside of women and boy toys for the boy inside of men, but
also have a variety of life's little necessities.  If you play music, check out
Rainbow Music Outlet.  Bookmark these stores as we are always adding new
merchandise for your shopping pleasure.