xsl-list

Escaping quotes in XPath expressions

2003-11-15 05:55:22
Hello all,

Can anyone please tell me how I can escape a single-quote in an XPath
expression
such as the one below?

<xsl:value-of select="translate(normalize-space(.), 'x', 'y')"/>

If I use 'x' and 'y' as the search and replace arguments, everything works
well. But I
need to search for single-quotes and replace them with backslash +
single-quote. In
other words, my XPath expression would look something like this:

translate(normalize-space(.), ''', '\'')

Except, of course, that I can't use a single-quote (character) between two
single-quotes
(string delimiters). Backslashes don't escape anything, of course, and using
XML
entities (&quot;) inside the search and replace strings won't work either.

But I just feel there must be a way to do this...

Thanks,

Erik