xsl-list

RE: RE: Malformed (??) XML and XML 2 SQL XSLT transformation

2003-11-14 09:40:47
-----Original Message-----
From: Guillaume LECERF

I will be a little lamer ;)

Well, don't go pushing your luck here! ;)

I'd like not ot have the number of fields hardcoded (it's not
necessary the
five first fields)

Hmmm... but they *do* all start with a Field named "User Login ID", don't
they?

That might give you a start. You then need to find a correct expression to
reference a group from the following-sibling:: axis with nodes having a
position() less than the next node on that axis having Fieldname="User Login
ID".

If you have a two pass solution that could be more elegant, don't
hesitate !

A two-pass solution? I don't think you really need one in this case
(although I *do* have a hard time writing out the expression for my
description given above... Is it even possible?)

If it takes too long, maybe you could have a look at Jeni's pages on
grouping to see if you're able to design a solution for this yourself. (
http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping/index.html )

I sincerely believe it not to be that hard.

I'll get back on that... (if nobody beats me to it, that is.) Now, let's
find out if some dinner will help me think this out more clearly :)

Cheerz,

Andreas