xsl-list

Re: maintain TeX ampersands

2003-11-10 07:37:57
If you output a string containing an ampersand from xslt using the text
output method you get a & but if you output it using the html or xml
methods you get any XML syntax that would result in a single & being
reported by the parser, typically xslt systems use either & or
<![CDATA[&]]>.

What exactly was the problem that you were having?

So yes. I was using html output hence getting &amp; instead of "&"
which thanks to you info it now makes sense. Can I output HTML or
even XHTML or something leaving the whole unparsed data in an unparsed data tag
somehow
so as I can then do whatever I want with them ?

It's not very crucial but it's because the TeX stuff are the last to
be parsed at the final transformation... I could change the order of
things but it requires some changes in our framework and I would like to
avoid it

Thanks,

Manolis