xsl-list

Re: Filtering with multiple templates

2003-11-06 20:34:42
Hi Dongling,
  Would'nt the following XSL not meet the requirement
?

<xsl:template match="Xath-expression">
   <Member name="x">
       <Member name="z" />
       <Member name="w" />
   </Member>
</xsl:template>

Regards,
Mukul

--- Dongling Ding <dling61(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hi,

I have a difficult situation here and try to get
your
help.

There is the following XML:

<Member name="x">
  <Member name="y"/>
  <Member name="z">
      <Member name="z1"/>
      <Member name="z2"/>
  </Member>
  <Member name="w"/>
</Member>

We need to allow multiple templates to select some
of
members. for example,

the first template will get:
<Member name="x">
  <Member name="z"/>
</Member>

the second template will get:
<Member name="x">
  <Member name="w"/>
</Member>

If we run this two templates sequentially, we will
get:
<Member name="x">
  <Member name="z"/>
</Member>
<Member name="x">
  <Member name="w"/>
</Member>

But we want to get the following based on the
original
structure:

<Member name="x">
  <Member name="z"/>
  <Member name="w"/>
</Member>

Please provide any idea that might help. Thanks a
lot.

Dongling