xsl-list

DTD Element problem

2003-11-06 03:06:33
I have some xml files containing source code (or SQL queries) inside a
particular tag.

In my DTD I wanted to define the element SQL to contain #CDATA, but this is not
allowed.

<!ELEMENT SQL (#CDATA)> is illegal,  <!ELEMENT SQL (#PCDATA)> is legal.

In my XML files I have <![CDATA[{SQL_HERE}]> around my SQL queries - which
works fine, when SQL is defined as PCDATA in the DTD.

Is there another way I can define SQL to be CDATA instead of PCDATA in the DTD?
It seems a bit redundant to define SQL as PCDATA in the DTD and then explicitly
define the contents of the SQL tag to be CDATA in the XML file.

Regards,
Flemming