xsl-list

RE: anyway obvious way to speed this tranfrom up?

2003-12-31 01:05:08
Hello Ray,

You say that the xsl is generated by a program. If you have no way to change this, then I can actually see no way that anybody can help you. In the case that you can do a little about it, I have written a bit. I have not looked extensively at your xsl, though.

It seems that you throw a _lot_ of parameters between called templates.

The example is quite large, but from a quick glance at it, I would split each of the templates generateOutputRecord and addNewFields in two. Perhaps some of the other templates too.

In the first condition "name=/inputDocument/header/name[4]" I would call generateOutputRecord1 which would call addNewFields1 while in the second condition "name=/inputDocument/header/name[5]" I would call generateOutputRecord2 which would then call addNewFields2.

As the values of the parameters are hardcoded, and only dependent on the two conditions, you would now not need to throw all these parameters at each call. If you want, you can create global variables at the top of the xsl document to hold the values.

Hope you are able to use it for something.

Happy new year,
Ragulf Pickaxe :)

From: "Ray Tayek" <rtayek(_at_)freightgate(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Subject: [xsl] anyway obvious way to speed this tranfrom up?
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:40:51 -0800

hi, newbie managed to get something to work, but it's *real* slow.

the xslt's are generated by a program, so they can not be hand tuned, but
maybe there is a way to do some things faster?

The xml input comes from a spreadsheet via a .csv file, so the original
names in the <header> can contains spaces and strange characters, but the
names in the <cell>'s are legal database names.

any clues will be appreciated.

thanks