xsl-list

AW: XPATH | union operator question

2003-12-23 03:16:52

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Michael Kay [mailto:mhk(_at_)mhk(_dot_)me(_dot_)uk]
Gesendet: Freitag, 19. Dezember 2003 19:03
An: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Betreff: RE: [xsl] XPATH | union operator question

btw (hope this is not off-topic), will there be a 2nd edition
of the XSLT Programmer's Reference? (i could not found an
answer to my question in the 1st edition, but i guess this is
too specific anyway.
but it is still the best book about xslt...)

Actually, the one that is currently on sale is the 2nd edition.

But I am indeed working on a 3rd edition, which will cover
XSLT 2.0 and
XPath 2.0. It won't be available for some months though.

I'm sorry you didn't find what you were looking for. The basic
information is all there, but it's always hard to find an answer when
you don't realize what the problem is. Your problem wasn't
really about
the union operator, it was the behavior of xsl:value-of.

Michael Kay

good to hear. i was actually referring to the 2nd edition (i never read the 1st
so that one slipped my mind).

and i agree that sometimes i have difficulties finding a solution as i do not
know in which direction to look in the first place.
but generally i think the books structure is great (e.g. compared to the xsl
book by oreilly) and i hope you keep a similar one for the 3rd edition. the 2nd
ed. is one of my most used (and therefor most worn) books...

christof hoeke