xsl-list

Re: output CDATA in xml using xsl

2003-12-22 11:35:36
I guess, a simple XSL like written below(its complete
in all respects) -- might serve the purpose.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:output method="html" version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/>

<xsl:template match="/ads/ad">
    <ad>
      <hello>world</hello>
        <htmlcontent>
          <xsl:apply-templates select="paragraph"/>
        </htmlcontent>
    </ad>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="paragraph">
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="bold">
 <b><xsl:apply-templates/></b>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

*I have'nt used CDATA* for the sake of simplicity. The
output requirements are being met, without using CDATA
section.

Please see Mike's answer also. He has given excellent
explanation, to the problem.

Regards,
Mukul

--- Thomas Rasmussen <tbr77(_at_)post(_dot_)tele(_dot_)dk> wrote:
Julian Reschke wrote:

Thomas Rasmussen wrote:

Hello
I am trying to make a xsl document that converts
one xml document
into another, but have run into some trouble.
I have this document:
<ad>
<hello>world</hello>
text</paragraph>
<paragraph>Another line of
</ad>

And I want this out:
<ad>
<hello>world</hello>
<htmlcontent>
<![CDATA[
]]>
</htmlcontent>
</ad>

*Why* do you want that output? In general, it's
better to keep
wellformed XHTML content as XML instead of plain
text (escaped markup).

I agree, but it's for an external company and theire
requirements says
it has to be CDATA.
But it is wellformed XHTML so I can't really see a
reason either?
Maybe it's because they import from many different
companies and some og
those can't suplly wellformed XHTML.

 XSL-List info and archive: