xsl-list

RE: combining 2 or more xml files?

2003-12-22 04:55:24
This xml.com article maybe useful for you
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/11/26/q-and-a.html

gl, Jim Fuller

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
james walker
Sent: 22 December 2003 10:34
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] combining 2 or more xml files?

My homepage will be created using xslt. Within this page i have links to
5
other pages (these are 5 separate xml files) which contain further
links.
Each page is a different category. Only five links across all of the xml

files will be marked up with the attribute "topfive=true". I wanted to
display these links in my homepage but dont know how to combine the xml
files so i can search for the links?

the aml files will look like this:
<root>
<link topfive="truie">
<category></category>
<url></url>
</link>
<link>
<category></category>
<url></url>
</link>
</root>

does anyone know how to combine these files in order to obtain the 5
links?
(the xml file fo rteh hoimepage is a different structure to the otehrs)
cheers
james