xsl-list

Problem substituting a value in the bgcolor attribute of the body tag

2003-12-10 13:57:57
Hello,

Can you clear up a question for me?

I'm using the cocoon development framework which
returns to me the value of a session variable with the
following syntax:

 <session:getxml context="usrstuff" path="/bcolr"/>

I want to substitute this value into the body tag in
my stylesheet. To do this I use the following syntax:

   <xsl:attribute name="bgcolor">
     <session:getxml context="usrstuff"
path="/bcolr"/>
   </xsl:attribue>

This yields:

I added an additional

<bc>
 <session:getxml context="usrstuff" path="/bcolr"/>
</bc>

tag and session request before the above body tag just
to see what would happen. The result was:

 <bc>
   blue
 </bc>

Can you please explain to me why the value is not
substituted in the bgcolor attribute? I tried using
"normalize-space()" to see if it was a spacing issue,
but "normalize-space(" was substituted into the
attribute.

Thank you.