xsl-list

RE: Re: Unbounded element grouping/concatenation

2003-12-09 14:01:26
However, I still think there are even better ways of doing this,
because in the above template there is still a lot of wasted
iteration. Recursion works quickly without wasting
iteration, but tail
recursion optimization doesn't seem to be supported by
Xalan-J 2.4.0,
because I get stack overflows for large numbers of continuation
records.

Perhaps the DVC approach that I've read a little about would help
here?

Yes. One of the goals of DVC is to minimize the possibility
of stack oveflow
caused by recursion depth.

Dimitre, could you help me with a DVC algorithm for what I'm trying
to do? I'm not sure how to apply it to this problem.

Cheers,
Ramaan