xsl-list

Re: Missing nodes are ruining my sort !!!!

2003-12-09 09:39:36

I think

            <xsl:sort select="/RESULTS/DATA/INSTANCE
 [AREAID=current()/@areaid and VARIABLEID=1]/VALUE" data-type="number"
order="ascending"/>

sorts by your first variable, but as I say, ""  sorts low so it comes
first (this is more or less the same xpath you use lower down except
written a bit more efficiently (// is expensive) and using current()
rather than variables as the vars are not defined at this point.

To sort "" high the easiest thing is to just negate the values and
invert the order:

         <xsl:sort select="-1 *(/RESULTS/DATA/INSTANCE
 [AREAID=current()/@areaid and VARIABLEID=1]/VALUE)" data-type="number"
order="descending"/>
--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew