xsl-list

RE: variable matching...

2003-12-08 05:04:02
Hi,

<xsl:template match="$stage">

  <xsl:template mathc="*[name() = $stage]">

I think this is not allowed, but was wondering if
there was a way (xslt2 acceptable) to do this kind

Have you got an WXS for the different vocabularies? Do you substitution groups?

of thing?  I suppose instead of variables or parameters,
a secondary xml file would be another option.

Obviously I don't want to just do:
<xsl:template match="sd|stagedir">
<stage><xsl:apply-templates/></stage>
</xsl:template>
because sometimes one file will use an element name
that conflicts with another file's use of it.

Can you use the ancestors to make the matches unumbiquous?

  <xsl:template match="scene/sd | scn/stagedir">

Cheers,

Jarno - Hocico: Forgotten Tears (Live out-take)