xsl-list

RE: Saxon and XT both exhibit unexpected document() behaviour

2003-12-07 14:42:31
Can anyone justify from the XSLT specification why both XT
and Instant
Saxon 6.5.3 find the dir1/data.xml file when the relative URI is
"../data.xml" and the stylesheet fragment is dir2/ss2.xsl?  I
believe both
should be reporting the error that the parent directory of
dir2 does not
contain the file "data.xml", but if they both are doing the
same behaviour
then it must be something I'm missing from the spec.

Both Saxon and xt have a version that is prepackaged to use the
Microsoft JVM, and (probably) both are using the java.net.URL class to
resolve relative URIs. So if the answer is wrong, you can probably blame
the Microsoft JVM. As others have pointed out, this comes down to a
question of whether the JVM is handling "\" in accordance with RFC 2396.

Michael Kay