xsl-list

attributes and elements

2003-12-03 18:33:40

I'm trying to figure out how to code documents in such a way that I can generate presentations directly from them. To wit, I want to tag pieces of text with an attribute <phrase condition="screen">like so</phrase>, and to use those for bullet content. The attribute would not be only on the phrase element.

Where I am stuck is getting the content of whatever element has that attribute and attribute value applied. So in the above example, in others, words, I want output something like:

<bullet>like so</bullet>

Below's my template, with the problem area indicated with a --->

Help, please?

The source, BTW, is DocBook, and the target Apple's Keynote XML format.

Bruce

  <xsl:template match="section">
        <slide master-slide-id="master-slide-1">
           <drawables>
<title visibility="hidden" vertical-alignment="tracks-master"/> <body visibility="hidden" vertical-alignment="tracks-master"/>
           </drawables>
           <transition-style type="none" duration="0"/>
                <bullets>
                        <bullet level="0" marker-type="inherited">
                                <content>
                                <xsl:apply-templates select="title"/>
                                </content>
                        </bullet>
                        <bullet level="1" marker-type="inherited">
                                <content>
--->                                 <xsl:if test="*/condition">
--->                                         <xsl:apply-templates/>
--->                                 </xsl:if>
                                </content>
                        </bullet>
                </bullets>
         </slide>