xsl-list

Re: Re: Re: Cross-browser API

2004-01-31 09:58:54
On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 08:49:39PM +0100, J.Pietschmann wrote:
are dead slow. I wish someone built a pluggable interface to libxml2

  Hum this seems to be in the wrong list...
  W.r.t. "a pluggable interface to libxml2 for validation", I will
note that DTD validation cannot really be implemented based on
a simple parser result, it's very tricky to try to do fully without
really plugging in the parser. For other validation process (RNG/WXS)
I don't see any special problem building them on top of the existing
interfaces, anyway followup should go to xml(_at_)gnome(_dot_)org

(for validation) and libxslt. Of course the memory management and
threading problems are somewhat discouraging, beside the need to

  Hum, libxml2 memory management is relatively flexible. If you mean
in XSLT, well libxslt was implemented per XSLT-1.0 which didn't
require reference counting or other garbage collecting mechanims
over nodes sets, and this building assumption has been brilliantly
violated by the node-set() and various EXSLT extensions since. Shit
happens when the requirement changes dramatically between conception
and final deployment in any software project ...
  W.r.t. threading, I don't see the point either, a lot of people
seems to use libxslt in threaded environment without troubles apparently,
the stylesheets are kept read-only once compiled, so this eases things
a lot.

work around GPL (read: no direct linking).

  As someone pointed out the libraries are under the MIT Licence.
Followups to xml(_at_)gnome(_dot_)org or xslt(_at_)gnome(_dot_)org please, we
are getting
mostly off topic for the general list :-)

Daniel

daniel(_at_)veillard(_dot_)com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ |