xsl-list

Re: Template to return number of days

2004-01-31 00:53:07
Use the "date-diff" template from the datetime_lib.xsl library that comes
with Marrowsoft XSelerator (you could just download the trial version of
XSelerator).

For more examples how to use this library see the Calendar application I
wrote two years ago at TopXML.com:
    http://www.topxml.com/code/default.asp?p=3&id=v20020711152545

Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.
FXSL developer,

<cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com> wrote in message
I'm looking for a template that will return the number of days between two
dates (CCYY-MM-DD format). I've been through the EXSLT library but can only
find one that returns an xs:duration format. I'm sure that format is useful
to someone, somewhere, but since months may have 28, 29, 30, or 31 days, a
format telling me that there are 3 months and two days between two dates
doesn't tell me anything about the number of days.

Does anyone have a pointer for me?

--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email