xsl-list

exclude-result-prefixes problem

2004-01-30 11:00:11
I am getting unwanted namespace declarations in my output. Here is my opening
xsl:stylesheet tag:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:pmml="http://kiloNovember.com/ProjectManagementMarkupLanguage";
xmlns:date="http://exslt.org/dates-and-times";
exclude-result-prefixes="date">

As you can see, it declares the namespace "date" and then instructs the
processor to exclude it in the output. At least that's what I think it does.
Nonetheless the namespace declaration (and a second on that I have no clue as
to where it originates) appears in each element that is placed into the output
via <xsl:copy-of>.

Here is an example of one element from the output:

<pmml:name xmlns:date="http://exslt.org/dates-and-times";
xmlns:func="http://exslt.org/functions";>Task 1</pmml:name>

As you can see both the "date" and "func" namespace declarations are added. I
didn't declare the "func" namespace in my stylesheet and it isn't declared in
the included (via <xsl:include>) stylesheet, nor does the included stylesheet
include a third stylesheet that might be the source of "func".

What am I missing?

--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email