xsl-list

RE: Encoding attribute

2004-01-29 17:03:39
If it's any consolation you're not the only one who finds entities
confusing. Scanning quickly through my spam box this evening, I spotted
one with the title

&FIRST_NAME; - Wow

I'm not sure if it's worse that these guys are using XML, or that they
are using it wrongly.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Fran
Sent: 29 January 2004 20:31
To: XSL List (E-mail)
Subject: [xsl] Encoding attribute

Hi,
I hope anybody can help me with this silly question.
I don't understand very well what kind of encoding I must
utilice. I live in Spain and I read that I must utilice
ISO-8859-1 characters and I put always in XML files the <?xml
version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>  and in the XSL files
when I want to escape HTML I put always <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:output method="html"/>
The problem is when I want to put some "especial" characters
like "€" , non-breaking espaces, etc... I put in the XSL
StyleSheet when I want to display "euro" character &euro;
&#8364; but whith &euro; he tells me "Entity Reference not
defined" and with &#8364; I see another character. Any
suggestion, please?