xsl-list

RE: Possible Off-topic - edit html through a form back in to xml

2004-01-29 15:34:41
Yes, it's off-topic.

I started to work on this a couple of months ago as a useful learning
project in both ASP and PHP. I haven't got a final project, but the
theory is simple -- all you are doing is taking an HTML form submission
and writing it to a file. So you write an XSL file that generates the
HTML form with the elements to be edited pre-loaded into text fields.
The user makes the edits and submits to a test file that is then
rendered as HTML as a validation/formedness check. If it's correct, they
submit again and overwrite the original file. You can add bells and
whistles as appropriate.

-- Brook