xsl-list

RE: Transformation with XSLT & XML In Same File

2004-01-28 07:42:05
From: Ronald Kent Gibson <Kent(_dot_)Gibson(_at_)icongmbh(_dot_)de>
To: "'XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com'"
<XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Subject: [xsl] Transformation with XSLT & XML In Same File
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:54:30 +0100

Dear All

Before any one asks, why would you ever want to do such a thing, I am sort
of forced into.

Anyways a have one document with the xml definition at the beginning of the
document and xslt at the end (or vice versa is possible). I would like to
transform the xml.

Do any of the transformers support such a funny set up, or am I going to
have to split up the files some way.

thanks

kent

For a completely xml solution your file would have to be well formed, not simply an xml file then an xslt file. I do something similar with xslt when I cannot use the document function to access external documents. I have an xslt file that doees the transform and I have a child of the stylesheet element called 'source' with a declared namespace prefix, eg.g joe:source. This element contains the xml file. Then use document('')/*/joe:source/* as the xpath in a variable element to give me the document element of my xml file.

--

Joe