xsl-list

RE: Sorting Issue

2004-01-22 02:07:37
Hi all,

Can we say that this sorting is not possible?

Regards,
/s

-----Original Message-----
From: SHEIKH Sajjad
Sent: 21 January 2004 15:57
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Sorting Issue

Hi all,

Following style sheet processes multiple xml documents (lets say
file1.xml, file5.xml and file8.xml). It will sort all the results by
modificationDate seperately and will output the results as following.

link1   021203  (From File1)
link2   011203  (From File1)
link3   101103  (From File5)
link4   031203  (From File8)
link5   091103  (From File8)

I want to sort everything together.  For example,

link4   031203  (From File8)
link1   021203  (From File1)
link2   011203  (From File1)
link3   101103  (From File5)
link5   091103  (From File8)

Any suggestions?
Regards,
/s

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="/someURIs/file"/> </xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="file">
  <xsl:variable name="copy_current_file" select="document(string(.))"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="ll">

        <xsl:variable name="find_file">
<xsl:for-each select="loc">
 <xsl:if test="position()=last()-1">(From <b><xsl:value-of
select="."/></b>)</xsl:if> </xsl:for-each>
        </xsl:variable>

 <xsl:for-each select="*//lln">
  <xsl:sort select="@modificationDate" order="descending"/>
      <xsl:choose>
       <xsl:when test="@objectname='Folder'">
                 <xsl:value-of select="n/@docname"/>
                </a>
                <xsl:value-of select="@identity"/>
                <xsl:value-of select="@modificationDate"/>

       </xsl:when>
      </xsl:choose>
 </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

This message has been checked for all viruses by BTnet VirusScreen. The
service is delivered in partnership with MessageLabs.

This service does not scan any password protected or encrypted
attachments.

If you are interested in finding out more about the service, please
visit our website at
http://www.btignite.com/internetservices/btnet/products_virusscreen.htm

This message has been scanned for all viruses by BTnet VirusScreen. The