xsl-list

RE: gradient SVG inside XSL-FO using FOP outputting black

2004-01-21 16:10:12
I experienced the same behavior when using 0.20.5.  It appears to be a known
bug:

http://xml.apache.org/fop/graphics.html#svg-problems

I never found a workaround.

RenderX plans to implement support for <lineargradient> and <radialgradient>
in a future release of their processor, XEP, but the date is uncertain as
far as I can tell (see page 3 of 5 in the PDF):

http://xep.xattic.com/papers/svgpaper.pdf

HTH,
RG

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
yesult xochi
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 3:19 PM
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] gradient SVG inside XSL-FO using FOP outputting black

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a linear gradient using SVG inside XSL-FO.
I am using
FOP version 0.20.5.
I've only used SVG to make simple shapes like rectangles, occasional
vertical text and I can
output solid colors fine but when I try to use gradient color
then it just
outputs all black.
If I put the SVG code as a separate SVG file and view it (with
adobe SVG
viewer for example)
then it comes out just fine.  I've tried embedding the SVG
code and also
tried bringing it in as
an external file (like .jpg) but both do the same thing
(output black).  So
I'm wondering what I might be doing wrong, if FOP will even do
this, or if
there is another FO processor that can do the job (hopefully
freeware :) ).
I'm including the snippet that I'm trying to get to work.

     <fo:block>
        <fo:instream-foreign-object>

           <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"; width="50mm"
height="25mm">
           <defs>
           <linearGradient id="three_stops">
               <stop offset="0%" style="stop-color: #ffcc00;" />
               <stop offset="33.3%" style="stop-color: #cc6699;" />
               <stop offset="100%" style="stop-color: #66cc99;" />
           </linearGradient>
           </defs>
           <rect x="20" y="20" width="200" height="100"
               style="fill:url(#three_stops); stroke: black;" />
           </svg>

        </fo:instream-foreign-object>
     </fo:block>

Thanks for any feedback/help.