xsl-list

RE: Get path of xsl template

2004-01-20 04:13:28
Hi,

Please excuse my terminology, I'm not very familiar with xsl.

I'm a little puzzled.  How can the XSL processor not know
where the template
is yet it can resolve relative urls?

The template has a base URL, but that information is not accessible from inside
the XSLT stylesheet.

Surely, there must be some function that states the path of
the xsl template
is blah?

Nope. There might be extension functions, but none in the XPath rec. When you
call the stylesheet for processing, pass the path to the stylesheet using
xsl:param. Just like if you wanted to have the current datetime available in
the stylesheet.

Cheers,

Jarno - Assemblage 23: King Of Insects (Red Sparrow Remix - 140 BPM)