xsl-list

Re: The pipe '|' operator: Does it mean Or or Union?

2004-01-14 10:15:21
kakridge(_at_)bellsouth(_dot_)net wrote:
I've noticed the the Muenchian method uses '|' and that everyone refers
to this as a Union.  However, I also read that this

<xsl:template match="foo | foobar">

means to match the foo OR foobar elements.  Does the definition of the
operator change based on the application?

Matching "foo | foobar" gives you the union of the set of all foo with the set of all foobar.  You
can read it as "OR", but it's still a union operator.  XPath has a separate "or"
operator, but that's not the same thing.