xsl-list

Evaluating XSLT Expressions At Run-Time

2004-01-09 00:26:50
All,

I was wondering if there was a way to evaluate XSLT Expressions at
run-time without resorting to using extensions. Specifically, what I am
trying to do is as follows (this is a simplified version to ease the
explanation). I have 2 XML documents: one that has my real XML data and
a second document that specifies the node names that are identified in
my first document. Depending upon what node name is read from the second
document, I want the string value of that node name to be used in the
line <xsl:apply-templates select="$Node_Name" />, so that a different
template is called depending upon what the string value of  $Node_Name
evaluates to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<xsl:template match="ElementFromFirstXMLDoc">
<xsl:variable name="Data" select="document('doc2.xml')/Data" />
 <xsl:for-each select="$Data/Node">
<xsl:variable name="Node_Name" select="NodeName" />
<xsl:apply-templates select="$Node_Name" />
</xsl:template>

Thanks,
Rechell Schwartz