xsl-list

RE: mixture of XML and HTML in result

2004-01-08 08:37:24

Just use   in your stylesheet - although you can't see the 6
characters '& # 1 6 0 ;' in your output, the character that the
character reference references :) is still there.  HTML doesn't
normalize this kind of white space, so its ok.

Except when the output mode is xml, you don't get   as a string of 6
characters in the output.  Instead the unicode value is emitted and the IE
browser does NOT render a non-breaking space (at least for me).  That is
why I'm trying to litterally get the 6 character string.
Larry