xsl-list

RE: Any hints on characterizing the minimal memory requirement of XSLT stylesheets?

2004-01-08 07:17:44

The problem is as following:
Given an XSLT stylesheet s, and the schema of the XML
documents, how much memory is necessary to evaluate the
transformation s?

Does anyone have some solid solution?
Or if you can list some materials, including books and
articles, I will be much grateful to you.

The biggest single factor affecting memory size is the size of the
source document. I has nothing to do with the size of the stylesheet or
schema, though it is also affected by the complexity of the processing
carried out by the stylesheet.

Michael Kay