xsl-list

RE: RE: self closing elements with attributes

2004-01-06 14:48:37
You shouldn't need the xsl:output element, when I comment it out I still get
correct results.

without the xsl:output you should get:

foo
</foo><foo bar="some foo">
foo
</foo>

-----Original Message-----
From: annirack(_at_)shaw(_dot_)ca [mailto:annirack(_at_)shaw(_dot_)ca]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 1:15 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: RE: [xsl] self closing elements with attributes

Hmm... I'm using Xalan 2.5.2 and when I process this template:

[snip]

I get:

I knocked off the carriage returns in my source, and I got:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<foo bar="some foo"/>
<foo bar="some foo"/>
<foo bar="some foo">

      foo</foo>
<foo bar="some foo">

      foo</foo>

Which seems correct.  What do you get?

This also seems correct to me.

Obviously, the template that I originally showed was not, in fact, the template
I was using, it was simply a similar template.

Checking further in my code, I discovered that I had not used a <xsl:output />
element.  I didn't know that I needed that, but without it, my stylesheet
doesn't work.

Thanks,
--Brendan