xsl-list

Re: XSL Java (&amp;lt; &lt; <) problem

2004-01-06 04:53:15

It gives an error cause in javascript i use in the for loop a <
sign. ok but if I change it in &lt; the javascript would go wrong.
How can I write clear Javascript in XSL without messing up XSL/Java and
getting errors?

That's an XML issue, not an XSLT one.
< must always be escaped in any XML file.

Just use &lt;.

If you are producing an HTML script element this will be linearised as "<"
(as html script is a CDATA element)

If you are producing an XHTML script element this will be linearised as "&lt"
(as XHTML script takes PCDATA content). An XHTML implementation will
extract the XML-escaped text from the script element and pass the
underlying character data to the javascript engibe, so javascript will
see a "<" in either case.

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew