xsl-list

RE: weird character B , how to make

2004-01-04 08:35:52
Hi,
Btw, that character that I'm trying to make disappear
looks like the capital letter 'A' with an Italian
accent directly over the top of it.
Anyway to answer your questions,
1. The XSLT processor that I'm using is Xalan, and the
method I use to transform is:
        public synchronized static org.w3c.dom.Document
transform(org.w3c.dom.Document source,
org.w3c.dom.Document stylesheet) {
                javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMResult result = new
javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMResult();
                String msgPrefix = ".transform: ";
                javax.xml.transform.Transformer transformer = null;
                javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory tFactory =
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance();
                try {
                        transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new
javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMSource(stylesheet));
                } catch (TransformerConfigurationException e) {
                        staticLog.error(msgPrefix + e + " while
instantiating transformer");
                }

                try {
                        transformer.transform(new
javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMSource(source), result);
                } catch (TransformerException e) {
                        staticLog.error(msgPrefix + e + " while
transforming");
                }

                return (org.w3c.dom.Document) result.getNode();
        }

2. does the html include a meta element?
No.  should I use one?

thanks in advance.
Paul