xsl-list

Re: text() word lists

2004-02-06 10:42:41
On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Dimitre Novatchev wrote:

--- Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:

Using FXSL and Saxon 7 (This was intended to be essentially an XSLT 1.0
solution, until I realized that there cannot be references to variables
in
xsl:key -- I need to change this a little bit to work in XSLT 1.0)

Yes, the only change needed is to change the xsl:key definition to:

   <xsl:key name="kWordByVal" match="word"
   use="translate(.,
                  'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ',
                  'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'
                 )"/>

So, this is an XSLT 1.0 solution -- 50 lines of code.

Thanks to both Dimitre and David for the XSLT1 and XSLT2
solutions.  I've fiddled with both to do a variety of
orders and all seems to be smashingly wonderful.

I haven't yet tested them on huge texts or anything, will
be interesting to compare the speeds.  (Though maybe I'll
only want to retrieve the first 30% of results in that
case... there'll be lots of single uses at the bottom.)
I'll see what other nifty things I can think of to do!

Mucho gratias,

-James

Enjoy,

Dimitre Novatchev