xsl-list

Selecting a Element by ID

2004-02-06 05:08:12
Hi everybody,

I am working on a document structure, which contains serveral elements
called "letter" and some elements called answer. The answers are
connected to the letters by an ID.

The following code tests wether there is an answer. But I am completly
have no idea, how to insert the content of that special answer.

  <xsl:for-each select="letter">
    <xsl:sort select="@year" />
    <xsl:sort select="@month" />
    <xsl:sort select="@page" />
    <xsl:call-template name="letter"/>
    <xsl:if test="/article/answer/@ref=(_at_)id">
        <!-- The test returns 'true' -->
        <!-- Here should be the answer -->
    </xsl:if>
  </xsl:for-each>

I think tried, several things but nothing worked. So, the human way to
select the answer is to say: "Get the answer, where the Attribute 'ref'
is equal to the Attribute 'id' in this letter." But I can not transform
this.

My problem ist also, that the answer contains one or more paragraphs
surrounded with <p></p>. This elements have to be transformed.

If sample data ist needed, drop me a mail. But the element is very
simple:

<article>
<letter
        month="02"
        year="2004"
        page="78"
        id="foo">
</letter>

<answer ref="foo">
</answer>
</article>

Regards,
Andreas

--
Andreas Grytz           | http://www.linuxnewmedia.de
Stefan-George-Ring 24   | Tel:  +49 (0) 89 993411-0